Financial Aid Steps to Apply

Most awards are based on enrolled hours. We calculate your award AFTER you are admitted.

  1. Fill out FAFSA
    The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will require income information from the previous tax year and must be filed when applying for federal aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Stafford Loan, Work Study) and need-based state aid (Baker Grant and Montana Higher Education (MHEG)).
  2. Bring completed Helena College aid form to the financial aid office
  3. Bring additional materials if necessary. Your financial aid office will guide you concerning:
    • Federal student aid report
    • Federal income tax returns, tax worksheets and proof of income
    • Copy of driver's license
    • Eligible non-citizen proof
    • Independent -(PDF) or Dependent (PDF) verification worksheet
Helena College Chat